Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Personal Metaphor





The artwork that I did was all based on my mood and how I felt when it came down to brain storming on everything. My simile was
“Like a flower waiting to be picked” I picked this simile because I’m waiting to get chosen for all the right reasons in life its self! I was trying to express how I felt in some type of way! I feel so many ways but I chose the flower because I could express it how I felt, one feeling. I’m not very sure what type I of mood I trying
to capture. I if I had to pick I think it w0uld be a hopeful mood.


My composition I placed everything were I did to make it seem real
And that everything combined into one main thing. I do have a strong focal area; the main area is my head is placed on the photograph because u see all of me. I chose this flower because it wasn’t just right in the middle it was to a side. It gave a lot I think to the picture. My composition is balanced, its balanced because my head is leveled with the flower its not in a different area. My photo does feel unified it all blends into one.

What I think I did well is blending my face into a flower. Honestly things that were difficult were taking my picture and also blending my face into the flower. I thought my picture was difficult because the lighting in my face and really my eyes had to be exactly the same with the picture of the flower. The blending of the face was also hard because the right shading had to be in the exact spots as the light shined down on the flower. One thing I think I could have down better is texture in my face and also showing my nose, like the lines that were there. I think I would change how my face came out like the texture I think it needed that the most.

1 comment:

Kristen Sally said...

I think that this is an interesting picture. But, I can't see you in it. This was a great idea. I like your metaphor, "like a flower... waiting to be picked. the picture goes good with it. I feel the same way too sometimes. You did a good job, but it looks like you pasted your eyes and lips on it. Good idea though.